Currently the community meets once a year at Bewerley Park outdoor education center. The directions are below. Please do not try to find us there at other times of the year as the center is used for outdoor education at all other times of the year and we maintain no permamant base.
Directions to Bewerley Park.
From the south, leave the A1 at J47 (A59 Knaresborough/Harrogate/York).Take A59 to Knaresboro’ and Harrogate. Go through Knaresborough town centre, (L then R at traffic lights) taking B 6165 to Pateley Bridge. After about 4-and-a-half miles take the third exit at the roundabout (Ripon Rd/A61), followed by straight on at the next roundabout, B6165 towards Pateley Bridge and Bishop Thornton; there is also a brown sign for Nidderdale.
Stay on the B6165, which then becomes B6265, and follow this road down into Pateley Bridge.
This will take you down the main street of Pateley Bridge. Follow the road through the town and out the other side, going over the river. You will see Nidderdale Showground on the left, and as you start to climb the hill there will be the Royal Oak pub and a garage on the right, take the left turn directly opposite the pub, (there should be an ARC sign on the wall) this takes you towards Bewerley Park. Follow this road to a t-junction and turn left towards Bewerley Park Riding School. There should be an ARC sign on the corner of the road. The centre is behind the riding school on the left.
From the north, leave A1 at J50, (A61 Ripon/Thirsk), following A61 to Ripon at the next 2 roundabouts. 4 miles after leaving the A1, take the 3rd exit on the roundabout (Sharow Ln), followed immediately by the first exit at the next one (North Road). After ½ mile turn R onto Marshall Way, go through one roundabout and at the next take the first exit onto Blossomgate which turns right and becomes Park St. At the next roundabout take the first exit onto Studley Rd, straight on at the next roundabout and continue to follow B6265 for about 10 miles. Turn R and follow this road into Pateley Bridge (see directions above).
From the west, From Skipton take the east bound A59 heading towards Harrogate for about half an hour. Turn left onto North Moor Road, sign posted Blubberhouses quarry and west end. Follow to a crossroads turn right sign posted Blubberhouses, Dacre and Harrogate… turn right onto west end Lane. (Pateley Bridge is signposted left…but this puts an unnecessary loop in…don’t loose confidence go right.). Take first road on the left… reservoir road, this takes you past Thrusscross reservoir. At next cross roads go straight over onto Harper Lane and then take the next left, the road is unnamed on google but it is a proper road, it eventually becomes Foldshaw Lane and then Nought moor road. You will go down a steep hill descending towards Bewerley and Pateley Bridge. Before you get to Pateley Bridge there is a right hand turn signposted Bewerley and you will also see a brown sign for Bewerly park riding school. Turn right here and follow the brown signs for the riding school. The outdoor education centre is behind the riding school. You should be able to see our signs by this point.
Alternative route for caravans, camper vans from the west
- Follow A59 from Skipton, heading east bound towards Harrogate.
- Stay on the A59 until you reach the A6. Turn left heading towards Ripley (you will have gone past several signs for Pateley bridge but all are unsuitable route for caravans)
- At Ripley, go straight over at the first roundabout staying on the A61
- At the second roundabout take the second exit, B6165 towards Pateley Bridge and Bishop Thornton, there is also a brown sign for Nidderdale.
- Stay on B6165 until you see a sign for Glasshouses, turn left signposted Local service, Glasshouses mill and a brown sign for Bewerley park riding centre. Just before the turn is the Birch tree pub on the right hand side of the road and a public toilet block on the left, the turning is immediately after the toilet block. This right hand turn can be a bit tight for larger caravans, if you have a large caravan please read note below**
- Follow this road to a t junction and turn right towards Bewerley. The education centre is the second on the left.
**For those with larger caravans. Stay on the B6165 until it changes to the B6265 and follow this road down the hill into Pateley Bridge.
- Turn left at the t-junction onto High street. This will take you down the main street of Pateley Bridge. Follow the road through the town and out the other side, going over the river. You will see Nidderdale show ground on the left.
- As you start to climb the hill there will be the Royal Oak pub garage on the right, take the left turn directly opposite the pub, (there should be an ARC sign on the wall) this takes you towards Bewerley Park.
- Follow this road to a t-junction and turn left towards Bewerly park riding school. There should be an ARC sign on the corner of the road. And the centre is behind the riding school on the left.